7.12.2006

devilish good fun

Okay, I guess it's introduction time. I'm Meryl, and I too am a filmaholic. I am a journalism major at Muskingum College, where I am the entertainment editor of the Black & Magenta newspaper.

I saw The Devil Wears Prada over the weekend. Meryl Streep plays a great boss from hell. The ice queen, loosely based on real-life Vogue magazine empress Anna Wintour, did a wonderful job making assistant Andy Sachs, played by Anne Hathaway, feel like dirt.

Based on the novel by Lauren Weisberger, Prada is what many classify as "chick lit," a genre inspired in the late 90s by Bridget Jones' Diary. However, a chick book does not necessarily a chick flick make; okay, it's a catty movie about the fashion industry, as one friend put it. But it's still got a sense of humor. There's enough about this movie to make it appeal to men, I believe. Maybe Owen can be a better source for that, I could be wrong.

All in all, this movie was fun for me, as a newbie to the working world. For anyone who hated their first "real" job, this is for you.

No comments: