8.01.2006

HOLY SCHNIKES BAT... DARK KNIGHT?!

So there i was minding my own business when i realized i missed a call. It was my roommate. Now i tend to put off calling people back while i am at work for at least a half hour or so.. but i felt i should.. there seemed to be a disturbance in the force if you will. To cut to the chase, i find out that Mr. Christopher Nolan has announced the title of the new Batman, The Dark Knight. How cool is that? What i am not finding cool, and finding it harder to digest is that there is going to be an appearance of another Knight in the film from a Knights Tale, Heath Ledger who will probably sport some make-up and have a grin on his face a lot.. care to take a guess on who i am speaking of? As we all know by now the rumors surrounding the supposed role to play Joker stretched from Mark Hamill ( an obvious one to me), to .. what i just found out to day to be Paul Rubin.. LOL. In any case i am not thrilled but i will give him a chance. Also it rumored that Ryan Phillippe will portray a younger Harvey Dent (aka Two-Face) but facts are unclear as to whether they will have Dent in the 2nd film. ALSO.... there is a real big reason as to why they named it The Dark Knight. Although this is skipping around a bit, The Dark Knight Returns will be the 4th installment of the franchise. If you don’t really know what that means.. it means that Frank Miller will probably be apart of the directing (Sin City anyone?!) and there will HOPEFULLY be a Superman vs Batman battle.. oh man.. you can find all this out if you surf the WB website long enough.. anyways that’s my info for today what do you got Owen?! lol.

3 comments:

owenw23 said...

I'm all about Ledger as Mr. J, I have total faith in Chris Nolan and I believe that we will have a scarier meaner Joker than Jack Nicholson's version. I head about Ryan Phillipe as Harvey Dent... don't know about that one. I also heard Jake Gyllenhaal mentioned for that role, that one I like. I'd like to add that the Penguin is being touted as another possible villian and that they are looking at Philip Seymour Hoffman which would be priceless. I hadn't heard anything about the reason behind the title (which is an awesome one btw), Dark Night Returns would be a crazy movie to do but I'd sure go see it, especially now that there is a decent Superman flying around again. Why can't it be 2008 right now?

meryl321 said...

I heard a parody of the next Batman film on the radio this morning. Let me just say I hope it's the last "Brokeback Mountain" joke I hear for a long time. ("Holy queer eye, Batman! You and the Joker sure know how to make time pass in the Batcave!" "Uh... well, we're spelunking buddies...")

Anonymous said...

So impatient to watch this movie !