9.19.2006

Harvey Dent rumors

Being the Batman geek that I am, I have to run any news I think is cool regarding the upcoming Batman Begins sequel: The Dark Knight. A while ago it was reported that Liev Schreiber was being considered to play Gotham D.A. Harvey Dent, a.k.a. Two Face (the character has appeared twice previously in Batman films). It's generally assumed that Harvey Dent will be Batman's ally in seeking justice through most or all of The Dark Knight, then later becoming one of the most notorious rogues gallery members as Two Face in a third film. I can't wait to see what director Christopher Nolan does with that relationship.
Now according to Cinematical, Schreiber is out and a new name is getting tossed around, one that I can't believe hasn't been mentioned yet. Guy Pearce, the man who got his first break in Memento; a film that put Nolan's name on the map as well. From L.A. Confidential, to Ravenous, to Memento, Pearce has always impressed me; he even made The Time Machine bearable. I wasn't very thrilled with any of the other names mentioned for this role and I think Pearce would be dead on. He has the ability to project that scary level of passion for justice as D.A. Dent, and he could easily be just as creepy when portraying Two Face. I hope this is more then just a rumor and that Nolan and company are doing what they can to get Pearce. We should be hearing something official on this within a few weeks.

No comments: