1.23.2007

Oscar Nominations

Here are the big winners in order of nominations recieved:

Dreamgirls (8)
Babel (7)
The Queen (6)
Pan's Labyrinth (6)
The Blood Diamond (5)
The Departed (5)
Letters From Iwo Jima (4)
Notes On A Scandal (4)
Little Miss Sunshine (4)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (4)
Little Children (3)
Apocalypto (3)
Children of Men (3)
United 93 (2)
The Devil Wears Prada (2)
Flags of Our Fathers (2)
The Prestige (2)
Cars (2)

To see the complete list, go here.

There were some obvious surprises regarding the results announced today. But what about the subtle ones? Pan's Labyrinth got as many nominations as The Queen? Mel Gibson's Apocalypto snagged three nods along with Children of Men, and how about Little Miss Sunshine for best picture? That old bus may have a few more miles left in it after all.
I'm going to have to hurry up and see Babel, and The Queen. While I am at it, I'll have to check out Letters From Iwo Jima too; today's nominations just made me want to see it even more (I think it might the favorite for best picture now). At some point I'll make my predictions on here. I can't wait for February 25, should be a fun night.

No comments: