7.18.2006

a second opinion

I saw A Scanner Darkly as well, at the one theatre in Knoxville, TN that was showing it (along with Thank You For Smoking, An Inconvenient Truth, and Wordplay). I haven't read the story the film is based on, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought it was going to be this big, government conspiracy movie, and it was really more about the inner struggle of one person. I went in knowing it was going to be depressing, and it sure was, but that's okay. It was a good story, but it was more about friends sitting around having conversations than what I thought it would be. The film looked great, of course, so I have nothing to complain about with that. I think I'd better watch it again, because I wasted too much time waiting for the movie to turn into what I was anticipating that I may not have paid as much attention to what was really going on, like I should have.

No comments: