7.10.2006

thar she blows!

Okay, no more pirate jokes I promise...really. But seriously, $135 million in three days?? I'll be the first to say it... Johnny Depp is a golden god! In case you weren't aware, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest opened on Friday and since then everyone in the known universe has seen it but me. That's the highest three day box-office take in history and that's taking into account $22 million still went to Superman Returns over the weekend. So apparently we were all waiting on this one for a while and couldn't fork over the nine bucks fast enough, even though critics said the story was weak and the film ran too long. Regardless of said criticism, I too really would like to see it, IF (that's a big if), I can free up 2 1/2 hours of my week. When I do I'll tell you all about here.

Some small news tidbits here and there, nothing big so click the links if you're really hungry for news. Opening this weekend are Little Man and You, Me and Dupree so... yeah... I would recommend NOT seeing either of those and instead using as much gas as it takes and driving to your nearest big city to watch A Scanner Darkly because it would be so much more worth your time and money then those brain-cell draining films opening in wide release on Friday. Support smart indies! ahem... that's all.

No comments: