7.06.2006

it's rated 'AARRRH'

Not much news to report today, no major trailers releases of note either... so yeah, want to know what I think of this summer so far? sure you do.

Superman Returns and Over the Hedge have been the only movies that really struck me as both entertaining and well-made. All other releases have been mediocre or downright disappointing. I'm hoping for the best out of the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie opening tomorrow but early reviews claim that the makers have substituted entertaining storytelling for even more action and effects than the last film had. Also it clocks in at over 2 hours and 20 minutes, which critics are saying is too long (again, so was the last one for that matter). A Scanner Darkly is high on my list to see this summer, I'm a fan of the novel, plus those who have seen it claim it's the truest Philip Dick adaptation to date.

All told, this summer has been pretty decent, I really hope Pirates is good though because that would pretty much ruin summer for me if it sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this summer isn't as awesome as I thought it was going to be. "The Break Up" wasn't what I expected, and "Click" wasn't really a comedy. Better luck with "Pirates," I'm seeing that tonight.